Extron Introduces New System 5 IP Switcher
One-Box Solution Offers Centralized Switching
Anaheim, California (June 30, 2003)
- Extron Electronics proudly presents the System 5 IP, a five input integrated AV switcher with a higher powered audio amplifier and built-in IP Link® Ethernet control. IP Link is an IP integration technology developed by Extron specifically engineered to meet the needs of professional AV environments. "We've taken a great switcher and made it better," said Lee Dodson, vice president of marketing for Extron. "By adding bi-directional serial control, Ethernet connectivity and an integrated Web server, the System 5 IP can remotely monitor and control most projector and AV System functions from any computer with a standard Web browser." The System 5 IP combines the most popular aspects of previous Extron system switchers with several new and innovative features, including Extron's IP Link technology. IP Link enables the System 5 IP to proactively manage and troubleshoot a system over high-speed local area networks (LANs), wide area networks (WANs), or the Internet. The included Web server can be customized for such common functions as I/O switching, system control, security, online diagnostics, and proactive monitoring through user-friendly graphical interfaces. "An added benefit of the System 5 IP is that a dealer can generate on-going revenue by selling service contracts for monitoring and maintaining the system," said Dodson. "The dealer or customer can monitor the system remotely from the office, thereby saving time and money" Other System 5 IP features include:
- Bi-directional RS-232 projector control - Downloadable, pre-configured projector drivers available on the Extron Web site (www.extron.com).
- Six room control relays – For controlling lighting, screen settings, and other room functions.
- VCR and DVD player control – Extron offers optional IR control modules (IRCMs) which can be installed into the optional Extron SCP 150 AAP control pad to enable remote control of a source device's most commonly used features.
- Flexible remote control options - The optional IR 402 remote and SCP 150 and SCP 150 AAP hard-wired control pads duplicate the System 5 IP's front panel functions and enable users to remotely control the switching, projector, and room functions of the switcher. The SCP 150 AAP includes openings for up to four single space Architectural Adapter Plates (AAPs) that provide signal pass-through connectors or Infrared Control Modules (IRCMs). Either control pad can be mounted in a wall, podium, or table to blend in with the environment.
"Altogether, the System 5 IP is an all-in-one, compact and economical solution for system switching in smaller-scale AV installations found in classrooms, conference rooms, and boardrooms," said Dodson. The System 5 IP with front panel control lists for $2,695.00 (USD) and the System 5 IP without front panel control lists for $2,395.00 (USD). For part numbers and pricing, contact an Extron Customer Support Representative at: 800.633.9876 (inside USA and Canada only) or 714.491.1500 for Extron USA; +800.3987.6673 (inside Europe only) or +31.33.453.4040 for Extron Europe; +65.6383.4400 for Extron Asia; or +81.3.3511.7655 for Extron Japan. www.extron.com