USB Extender Series Retired
- Extends USB peripherals up to 450 feet (135 meters) on one CAT 5/5e/6 or CAT 7 cable
- Supports USB 1.0, 1.1, and 2.0 standards with data transfer rates up to 480 Mbps
- Receiver features an integrated four port hub with 5 Volts, 500 mA available on each port
- Port Status LEDs
- Choice of tabletop and architectural form factors
- Form factors can be mixed and matched for optimum integration flexibility
- See All Features
Note: The USB Extender Series is not compatible with USB Extender Plus products.
The USB Extender Series enables USB peripheral devices to be remotely located up to 450 feet (135 meters) from the host computer. The extender consists of a transmitter and receiver set that are linked using a single, standard CAT 5/5e/6 or CAT 7 cable. The receiver features a built-in, active four port hub that supplies 5 Volts, 500 mA to each port to power attached devices. This allows peripherals such as smart phones, webcams, personal media players, and mass storage devices to be connected and powered or charged at the same time. The USB Extender Series is ideal for use in applications utilizing the Extron Annotator and remote touchscreen displays, as well as applications that require the remote location of USB peripherals such as interactive whiteboards, keyboards, mice, and other human interface devices.