- Detects audio signal in a public address system speaker and mutes program audio
- Designed for use exclusively with Extron products which have remote volume and mute control ports
- Compatible with 25/70/100 volt and 4/8 ohm public address systems
- Adjustable time delay from 2 to 8 seconds for restoring audio after a page
- Eighth rack width, one inch high metal enclosure
- See All Features
The PPC 25 mutes audio during a page from a public address system. The sensor connects to a PA speaker lead and detects current flow when a PA announcement is initiated. The sensor signals the controller to close its output relay which sends a mute signal to the audio device. The output relay can be connected to any Extron product that has a digital input or contact closure mute control, such as the MLC 104 IP Plus MediaLink® Controller, PVS 204SA PoleVault® Switcher, or MPA Series and XTRA™ Series power amplifiers with a 3-pole remote control port.
Note: The PPC 25 and sensor cable are UL 2043 plenum rated, allowing for installation above a drop ceiling. The PPC 25 Sensor assembly must be installed in a sealed enclosure, such as the included metal junction box to meet the plenum rating requirement.