SW USB Series
AV Friendly USB Switching
The Extron SW USB Series of two and four input switchers provide integrator-friendly solutions for implementing USB 2.0 compatible switching in professional AV environments. A number of specialized features help further streamline integration, such as: power status indication, RS-232 pass-through, front panel security lockout, and multiple control points.
Host and Peripheral Emulation Mode on the SW4 USB Plus model provides "keep alive" functionality by mimicking communications, thus reducing the chance of failed device communications throughout the switching process. The SW USB Series is ideal for applications such as KVM, interactive whiteboard, and annotator-based applications in education, judicial, or corporate settings, or wherever reliable, multi-I/O USB switching is needed.
- USB 2.0 compatibility allows the switcher to be used with peripheral devices meeting all current and past USB standards.
- Four port output hub provides 5V, 500mA of power on each output so that multiple peripheral devices can be attached.
- Port Status LEDs provide visual confirmation of port activity for all connected and active host devices.
- Multiple control points offer integration flexibility into a variety of control environments.
- RS-232 pass-through allows convenient pairing with other Extron RS-232 controllable video switchers.
- Host and Peripheral Emulation Mode - SW4 USB Plus model – Allows uninterrupted connection between devices for consistent, reliable operation.
- Rack-mountable 1U, half rack width metal enclosure