Streaming Media Encoder
The SME 211 is a high performance H.264 streaming media encoder for distributing audio and video signals over IP networks. It accepts an HDMI signal with embedded audio and an analog audio signal. Extron high performance scaling and flexible signal processing facilitate superior image quality for content from different sources. The SME 211 supports unicast and multicast streaming protocols, including RTMP for streaming directly to major Content Delivery Networks – CDNs, or social media platforms including Facebook and YouTube. Presets allow a quick recall of system configurations. Built in audio mixing and DSP functionality provide quality audio without requiring the use of external mixing and DSP equipment.
The SME 211 offers extensive capabilities with dual encode for streaming at two different resolutions and bit rates concurrently, each with individual control of encoding parameters and resolutions, ranging from 512x288 to 1080p/60. A total of up to six independent streams with simultaneous push and pull encoding are supported. This dual encoding functionality supports streaming at high resolution to an SMD-series decoder in an overflow room while simultaneously streaming at a lower resolution for remote viewing applications, such as FaceBook Live. Bit rates can range from 200 Kbps to 25 Mbps for video and 80 Kbps to 384 Kbps for audio. The wide range of supported protocols and session management methods provide flexibility to stream from the SME 211 to a variety of devices in different system configurations and network conditions.
- Process live, high resolution HDMI video and audio
- Stream at two resolutions simultaneously with independent stream control
- Simultaneous multicast and unicast streaming
- RTMP streaming protocol support for popular third-party hosting services
- RTMPS support for Facebook Live
- Audio mixing and DSP functionality
- Integrates with SMD Streaming Media Decoders to provide complete end-to-end streaming systems
- Stream video at up to 1080p/60