H.264 Streaming Media Player and Decoder
Streaming media comes in many different formats, and its presentation requirements vary greatly across applications. Encoded media files can be played back in a presentation, or live events may be streamed over an enterprise network. Extron’s SMD 202 H.264 Streaming Media Player and Decoder provides the flexibility and performance required to integrate media playback and live streaming into many different professional AV applications.
The SMD 202 plays back media files from internal, local, or network storage, and it decodes live H.264 streams. It can also present a locally connected AV signal. The SMD 202 supports use of a wide range of media file container formats and streaming protocols making it adaptable for use with a variety of encoded media. Advanced signal processing, scaling, and aspect ratio management deliver high quality signals to AV displays. The SMD 202’s multi-language on-screen display – OSD, provides an intuitive interface for setup and source selection from the front panel or a handheld remote. Designed for use in professional AV systems, the SMD 202 can be managed using Ethernet, RS-232, or wired IR control connections.
- Plays back media files from internal memory, removable SD card, USB storage, or network shares
- Decodes live H.264 streaming using a variety of streaming protocols
- Local HDMI input connection with embedded stereo or analog stereo audio
- Selectable output resolutions from 640x480 to 1920x1200 including 1080p/60
- Supports streaming resolutions from 480x320 up to 1080p/60
- Multi-language, interactive on-screen display for setup and source selection
- Supports a wide range of streaming transport and session management protocols
- Supports use of container formats using H.264 and AAC codecs including MP4, M4V, M4A, and MPEG-2 Transport Streams
- Fill/Follow/Zoom Aspect Ratio Management
- Control from front panel, IR remote, wired IR, RS-232, Ethernet, or embedded Web interface
- On screen presentation of streaming source information
- Play back media files in a loop or as part of a playlist
- Programmed channel lists and intelligent stream identification using SAP/SDP