SM 3 SpeedMount Full-Range Surface Mount Speakers
Fast and Easy Installation with an Exclusive, Concealed Mounting System
The Extron SM 3 SpeedMount® Surface Mount Speaker features an innovative, patented wall mounting system. Speed up your speaker installations with a concealed speaker mounting system that can be installed during rough-in with speaker cable terminated to the integrated wiring contacts. During final construction, simply slide the speaker onto the mount to secure it into place, as the speaker is automatically connected to the wiring contacts in one installation step. A hidden locking mechanism allows the speaker to be secured into place with a unique key to deter theft. The SM 3 delivers a wide frequency range and wide coverage from a compact enclosure that optimizes voice intelligibility and music reproduction.
- Patented, concealed mounting system
- Included 0° and 10° mounting plates provide flexible installation options
- Designed to accommodate division-of-labor installations and save costs
- 8 ohm nominal impedance
- 3" (76 mm) full-range driver with a tuned bass reflex port
- Frequency range: 100 Hz to 20 kHz
- 15 watts continuous pink noise
30 watts continuous program
- Flush mount design with shallow profile
- Complies with ADA requirements on protrusion limits when used with 0° mounting plate
- Hidden locking speaker release mechanism
- Black or white high-impact enclosure
- 5 year parts and labor warranty
Fast-Installing Mounting System
Concealed speaker mounting hardware simplifies and speeds up installation.
Pull speaker wire
Attach plate to wall, stud, or electrical box and connect speaker wire to contacts on plate. The SM 3 includes 0° and 10° mounting plates.
Simply slide speaker onto plate. Speaker may be locked into place with a unique key.