SM 26 SpeedMount Two-Way Surface Mount Speakers
Fast and Easy Installation with an Exclusive, Concealed Mounting System
The Extron SM 26 SpeedMount® Surface Mount Speaker features an innovative, patented wall mounting system. Speed up your speaker installations with a concealed speaker mounting system that can be installed during rough-in with speaker cable terminated to the integrated wiring contacts. During final construction, simply slide the speaker onto the mount to secure it into place, as the speaker is automatically connected to the wiring contacts in one installation step. A hidden locking mechanism allows the speaker to be secured into place with a unique key to deter theft. The SM 26 delivers a wide frequency range and high performance voice and music reproduction. It is available as a standard 8 ohm model, and an SM 26T version with 8 ohm and 70/100 volt operation.
- Patented, concealed mounting system
- Included 0° mounting plate and 10° mounting adapter provide flexible installation options
- Designed to accommodate division-of-labor installations and save costs
- 1" (25 mm) silk dome tweeter
- 6.5" (165 mm) long-throw woofer with dual tuned bass reflex ports
- Two versions available for low impedance or 70/100 volt systems:
- 8 ohm direct operation only
- 8 ohm direct and 70/100 volt operation
- Convenient six-position, through-the-grille power tap selector on the SM 26T
- Optional pivot mount allows for 360° of speaker rotation
- Optional Yoke Mount allows 180° of speaker pivot in 10° detented steps
- Frequency range: 65 Hz to 19.2 kHz
- 60 watts continuous pink noise
120 watts continuous program
- Internal driver overload protection
- Hidden locking speaker release mechanism
- Black or white high-impact enclosure
- 5 year parts and labor warranty
Fast-Installing Mounting System
Concealed speaker mounting hardware simplifies and speeds up installation.
Pull speaker wire
Attach plate to wall or stud, and connect speaker wire to contacts on plate. The SM 26 includes a 0° mounting plate and a 10° mounting adapter.
Simply slide speaker onto plate. Speaker may be locked into place with a unique key.