Extron Online Instructor-Led Workshops
Our in-depth instructor-led online workshops enable system designers, resellers, consultants, and sales professionals to master AV technologies within a short time span. These modular-based workshops concentrate on preparing AV infrastructures for current and future technologies. The student-instructor ratio is kept low to enhance the experience.
How to Request Enrollment:
- Select one or more of the workshops you are interested in attending
- Click the "Submit Enrollment Request" button
Upon receipt of your Enrollment Request an Extron representative will contact you to coordinate dates and times for you to attend.
The following topics are available for Extron online instructor-led training. For all available courses see our Extron Institute Schedule.
Extron Audio Technologies
Networked audio is the future of audio system design. It’s all about distribution, about moving content to where it’s needed, when it's needed. Extron offers the widest range of products with Dante® audio networking from Audinate, and support for AES67, a protocol suite designed to allow interoperability between a variety of IP-based audio networking systems. In Distributing Uncompressed Digital Audio Over a Network with Dante or AES67, you’ll discover how Extron can help you realize the many advantages of networked audio, including audio system scalability, easier installation, and simplified wiring.
- Understand how Extron networked audio solutions provide fidelity, scalability, flexibility, and ease of implementation
- Discuss Dante solutions for audio over IP applications
- Review environments and applications where AES67 provides interoperability
Matching the appropriate amplifier for your speakers is a critical part of the system design process, but there are many other factors that will impact your choice. In today’s market, the careful consideration of variables such as heat management, wakeup times, power efficiency, and overall reliability is key to ensuring that the amplifier doesn’t become the Achilles heel of the entire system. In Extron Engineered Advantages for Audio Amplifiers, you’ll learn about how our engineers designed the most efficient and reliable power amplifiers in the industry and what that can mean for your success.
- Discuss the innovation and design that allows Extron Ultra power amplifiers to deliver high channel counts in less space
- Gain an understanding of how to reduce required power infrastructure
- Recognize why CDRS - Class D Ripple Suppression is important in your design
Speaker selection and placement are two of the most challenging aspects of designing an audio system. There are many things to consider regarding the room’s shape and how the speakers will interact with the walls, ceiling, floor, and the listeners in the room. You’ll want to select the best quality speakers the budget will allow. In Optimizing High Quality Sound with Extron Designed Speakers, we’ll explore the wide range of speaker options available to meet the needs of any application.
- Identify how Extron engineering designs speakers that provide accurate reproduction of music and voice
- Discuss the ways Extron's integrator-friendly features save time and money
- Learn how to leverage Extron's power handling and efficiency for your applications
Digital Signal Processing – DSP plays a crucial role in meeting rooms of any size. Properly configured, DSP can transform the audio experience for every attendee. Most DSPs on the market are either feature-rich but very complex to set up, or simple to set up yet lacking the functionality you need. Extron has created the most advanced audio DSP in the industry with quick and intuitive configuration. In Using Extron Audio DSP to Enhance Your Meeting Experience, you’ll gain an understanding of our unique configuration approach to DSP that simplifies mixing, routing, conferencing, and room optimization.
- Gain understanding of Extron’s DSP solutions for your demanding conferencing applications
- Review environments and applications where DSP is an added value
- Learn how to easily optimize system DSP with Extron's DSP Configuration Software and tools
Extron Control Technologies
Organizations are rethinking how to best leverage space and technology to enable their workforce to collaborate. Today’s workers expect to be able to participate in conference calls, connect via video chat, and share content from their laptop, tablet, or phone. These modern workforce expectations remain the same for both local and offsite employees. How Extron Control Integrates with Everyone's Unified Communications will discuss the keys to plan a successful collaboration system with unified communication platforms and providers.
- Learn to make Unified Communications work in any environment
- Understand how Extron Control integrates every UC protocol
- Identify Extron solutions for enhanced AV integration
Extron virtual control systems help organizations easily deploy, scale, and manage their AV systems by providing the flexibility of hosting AV control resources in a central location, right alongside the resources the IT team already manages. This workshop will discuss how to easily deploy these virtual control processors on your network, and how to seamlessly pair with control system expansion interfaces, TouchLink Pro touch panels and network button panels for a truly scalable control solution across the enterprise.
- How to deploy a unified AV and IT solution
- Understand expansion and scalability of enterprise control system
- Identify benefits of centrally managed AV control
In today’s business environment, finding available collaboration spaces provide new challenges outside of room availability, size and equipment. As meeting room occupancy numbers shrink, finding a suitable meeting space will be a challenge. In the Integrating Extron Control and Room Scheduling Room Scheduling workshop, we will discuss how to strike the right balance between meeting space availability, size, and capabilities while addressing the needs for future resources.
- Understand how Extron Room Scheduling connects directly to popular calendar services
- Identify the hardware and software needed to make scheduling work
- Learn how to leverage room scheduling analytics to receive the information you need
When specifying and deploying networked AV systems, security is always a primary concern right alongside performance and reliability. The need to secure information continues to rise with the use of networked AV devices, wireless access, connection to building management systems, and BYOD. In Securing AV Systems, we’ll provide insight on several concepts that are fundamental to both AV and IT.
- Identify how to secure AV on a network
- Learn methods for protecting critical data
- Understand fundamental information about encryption
Extron Esports Technologies
Esports competition continues to enjoy increased popularity and rapid adoption professionally and educational institutions. The unique performance needs of esports facilities requires a broad level of knowledge and expertise to ensure the AV system provides a good experience for players and spectators alike. Gain an understanding of Extron many technologies and product categories that are ideal for esports environments.
- Learn how to switch and distribute gaming platforms with HDMI, twisted pair, and fiber optic transport
- Understand the ultra-low latency streaming and recording devices for viewing and coaching
- Identify signal extension products that support resolutions up to 8K
Extron Network AV Technologies
Extron Record and Stream Technologies
Today's learning spaces can pose many challenges. Having insight on how to leverage AV technology to design a classroom that addresses the unique needs of the current environment will set you ahead of your competition. Extron SMP solutions provide flexible, high performance online and virtual solution with streaming media processors. You will learn the technique and benefits to record, publish and stream content to free and enterprise video platforms.
- Understand the flexible, high performance online and virtual solution with Streaming Media Processors
- Learn the fundamentals of recording, streaming and publishing to free and enterprise platforms
- Leverage Extron LinkLicense and FlexOS to enhance streaming media processors systems for varying AV environments
Extron Video Technologies
While videowalls continue to grow in popularity, many AV integrators can find themselves new to the task of designing and integrating these unique display systems. By understanding each element of a videowall system, as well as the physical aspects of the environments in which videowalls are used, you can avoid common pitfalls in videowall design.
- Understand benefits of Extron diverse videowall processing solutions
- Review environments and applications where Extron Videowall technologies are an added value
- Identify the various components of Extron Videowall systems
Like all technology, Universal Serial Bus - USB has evolved over time. USB is now a comprehensive set of interface specifications for high speed wired communication between a wide range of devices, with or without a computer. With increased bandwidth, a smaller connector format, and support from major device manufacturers, USB is primed to act as the single connector for laptops and Unified Communications applications. AV professionals will benefit from understanding how USB works, including its advantages and limitations, in order to optimize its use in a Pro AV environment.
- Gain a firm knowledge of USB operation, standards, and principles
- Learn unique USB design considerations: distribution, extension, etc.
- Identify how Extron USB offerings integrate within Pro AV systems