Use LinkLicense for user interfaces with an iPad as the primary point of control
A media room is a multipurpose space that is typically outfitted with a projection screen, surround sound, and comfortable seating. Systems within the room are capable of playing content from multiple sources. Media rooms are becoming common within executive office spaces.
In the application diagram shown, we are using an Extron IN1608 IPCP SA scaling switcher featuring an integrated control processor equipped with LinkLicense. This combination allows system control using a third party device such as an Apple iPad.
- Extron IN1608 IPCP SA with Control Processor, Stereo Amp, DTP 330, and LinkLicense for user interfaces
- Extron XPA 1002 Plus Two Channel Low and High Impedance Amplifiers (Total of 4)
- Extron HAE 100 HDMI Audio De-Embedder
- Satellite Receiver
- Media Player
- 1080p Projector with Projection Screen
- Latest Generation Apple iPad
- Extron SI 28 Two-Way Surface Mount Speakers (Total of 7) and Subwoofer
- Extron Control App
System Design Solution
After reviewing the customer's requirements, determine what devices they wish to control from the iPad.
- Design User Interface for the iPad using GUI Designer.
- Configure the system using Global Configurator. LinkLicense for user interfaces installed on the control processor allows the iPad to be the primary point of control.
Key Configuration Concepts
- Under the User Interfaces pane, depress the plus button and select Extron Control App from the drop-down menu; then import the layout created in GUI Designer.
Once the GUI for the iPad is added, it can be configured just like any other Extron touchpanel.
Software Tip: For this application GC Pro or GC Plus can be used, as there are no software-specific limitations in configuring this system. If one needs to add an additional primary point of control or to exceed eight Ethernet drivers, then GC Pro will be required.