4K HDMI and Audio to USB Scaling Bridge
The Extron MediaPort 300 is a 4K HDMI to USB bridge for integrating pro AV systems with software codec conferencing applications. It works seamlessly with a computer using generic USB video and audio drivers. The MediaPort 300 features an HDMI input with HDCP-compliant loop through, accepts signals up to 4K/60, and scales video up to USB 5 Gbps output rates. Audio features include program and mic inputs, HDMI audio de embedding, USB bidirectional audio, and line level outputs. The MediaPort 300 also features audio mixing as well as level and mute controls. This enables it to serve as a soft codec interface, giving it the flexibility to integrate into larger hardware codec or DSP systems. The MediaPort 300 facilitates easy integration of conferencing computers into pro AV designs.
The MediaPort 300 bridges the gap between simple Webcam-to-computer solutions and traditional AV conferencing systems. For small meeting spaces with just a computer and display, the MediaPort 300 is ideal for enhancing audio and video quality by adding support for professional-grade equipment such as videoconferencing PTZ cameras, boundary microphones, and sound reinforcement systems.
The MediaPort 300 connects to Windows® or Mac®-based computers with USB plug-and-play simplicity, using industry-standard UVC - USB Video Class and UAC - USB Audio Class drivers. It can be used with popular software and cloud-based communications platforms including Microsoft Teams®, Zoom™, Adobe® Connect™, Cisco WebEx®, FaceTime®, Google Meet®, GoToMeeting®, Skype®, and more.
Optimal Video Processing for Soft Codecs
The MediaPort 300 accepts signals up to 4K/60 and scales video to a USB 5 Gbps output. To ensure the HDMI source is presented with the highest possible image quality to a soft codec, the MediaPort 300 incorporates video processing technology, specifically engineered for optimized image scaling and frame rate conversion that preserves detail and legibility of source content. Output signals up to 4K/30 to match common software codec requirements, are dynamically configured by the software codec as it responds to real-time CPU usage and bandwidth conditions between near-end and far-end locations. The video output is delivered as an MJPEG-encoded stream over a USB connection supporting rates up to USB 5 Gbps.
Versatile Audio Integration
The MediaPort 300 accepts a microphone input and program sources as analog audio and de embedded HDMI two-channel audio. The USB connection provides an audio interface with a personal computer, similar to a standard USB sound card with send and return audio capability. This allows the MediaPort 300 to send a two-channel mix of the microphone, analog program, HDMI audio, and USB playback audio to the computer. The interface also allows the MediaPort 300 to receive two audio channels from the computer, completely eliminating the need for any analog audio connections to the personal computer.
Multiple Options for Control and Operation
The MediaPort 300 features remote configuration and control via Ethernet and USB. The MediaPort 300 can be configured using Extron’s PCS - Product Configuration Software with a user-friendly GUI that is very easy to navigate. This software application allows for expedited setup and commissioning, real-time operation and monitoring, firmware updates, plus full configuration of its audio processing tools.
Convenient Under-Table and Surface Mounting
The MediaPort 300 is housed in a compact 1” (2.5 cm), half-rack width enclosure that can be installed virtually anywhere, including inconspicuous placement underneath a conference table, inside a credenza, or in a lectern. Extron UTS Series and MBU 125 mounting hardware are available separately to facilitate under-table mounting.
- Seamlessly integrates pro AV systems and sources into software codec applications
- New HDMI input supports computer and video resolutions up to 4K/60
- New Video scaling provides USB output up to 4K/30 to match common software codec requirements
- New USB-C computer connection uses generic USB drivers for universal compatibility
- Scaling optimized to UC software codec requirements via custom resolution groups
- Scaled USB streaming video output with MJPEG, YUY2, or NV12 encoding
- Integrated audio mixing, level, and mute control
- HDCP-compliant HDMI input and loop-through
- HDMI audio de embedding
- USB 2x2 audio interface provides an audio interface with a computer, similar to a standard USB sound card with send and return audio capability
- Supports popular software communications platforms including Microsoft Teams®, Zoom™, Adobe® Connect™, Cisco WebEx®, Facetime®, Google Meet®, GoToMeeting®, Lifesize® Clearsea™, Skype®, and more
- Mic/line input with 48 volt phantom power
- Front panel LED indicators for HDMI and USB signal status
- Logo image display on the HDMI output whenever no signal is present or on the USB output
- Aspect ratio control of the video output
- Auto Input Memory automatically stores and recalls size, position, and picture settings based on the incoming signal
- Internal video test patterns for calibration and setup
- User-selectable HDCP authorization
- HDCP Visual Confirmation when HDCP-encrypted content is transmitted to a non-HDCP compliant display
- EDID Minder® automatically manages EDID communication between connected devices
- Auto-Image™ setup automatically optimizes the image by analyzing and adjusting to the video input signal
- Ethernet monitoring and control
- Easy setup and commissioning with Extron's PCS - Product Configuration Software
- Compact 1” (2.5 cm), half rack width metal enclosure
- New PoE+ delivers power and communication over a single Ethernet cable
- External Extron Everlast™ power supply
- Extron Everlast Power Supply is covered by a 7 year parts and labor warranty