FOX Family of Fiber Optic Products for Pro AV
Most Complete Line of Fiber Optic Products in the Industry
Extron Fiber Optic Products are designed for end-to-end AV signal distribution over fiber optic cabling. The complete line of fiber optic products for professional AV installations includes matrix switchers, switchers, distribution amplifiers, signal processors, and extenders.
To streamline installation, the line provides a wide range of integrator-friendly features such as transmission of RS‑232 and IR control signals with the AV signals, industry-standard LC connectors, the capability to trigger a notification for fiber link loss, and availability in multimode models for intermediate distances up to 2 km (1.25 miles) and singlemode models for extreme distances up to 30 km (18.75 miles).
The all-digital technology of these fiber optic products provides pixel-for-pixel performance for distribution of content with the highest quality. Engineered to maximize all the benefits of fiber optic technology, the FOX Series products can be used for simple point-to-point applications or in combination to tackle the most challenging AV system designs.
Fiber Optic Cables, Connectors, and Tools to Build the Infrastructure
Extron fiber optic cables enable transmission of pixel-perfect video, audio, and control over extreme distances, and are compatible with all Extron FOX Series products. Bulk cable and factory-terminated cable assemblies in various lengths are available in both OM4 multimode and singlemode versions to fit in any application. Extron cables also feature a bend-insensitive design for a tight bend radius with minimal bending loss, further simplifying installation.
Fiber optic connectors and accessories include fiber optic termination tools, field-installable connectors, and fiber optic test equipment. The Fiber Optic Termination Kit and Quick LC Fiber Optic Connectors enable quick and easy field termination of fiber optic cables. To ensure proper connectivity, the Fiber Optic Test Set provides the tools needed to measure optical power and loss throughout a fiber optic infrastructure.
- Most complete line of fiber optic product solutions to meet the needs of the most challenging AV system designs
- Enterprise-wide distribution of DisplayPort, HDMI, DVI, 3G-SDI, high resolution RGB, and standard definition video, as well as audio, USB, RS‑232, and IR control signals over fiber optic cabling
- FOX Series matrix switchers and extenders integrate easily into a wide range of 4K and UHD environments
- SpeedSwitch® Technology provides exceptional switching speed for HDCP-encrypted content
- Transmission of multiple signals on a single, small, and lightweight cable
- Immunity to outside electrical interference
- Ideal for sensitive and secured environments