Environmental Policy Statement
Extron is committed to operating in a manner that is compatible with our environment, employees, and our customers. As a member of the global community, we recognize our responsibility to do our part in promoting sound environmental practices. We do so by adhering to the following principles:
- Our operations and our products will comply with all applicable standards and regulations. This includes local regulations for handling hazardous waste within our facilities, as well as international standards and regulations such as RoHS and REACH to eliminate toxic materials from our products.
- The RoHS Directive – Reduction of Hazardous Substances effectively prohibits the use of lead, mercury, cadmium, hexavalent chromium, polybrominated biphenyls (PBB’s), polybrominated diphenyl ethers (PBDE’s) and polybrominated biphenyl oxides (PBDO’s) in all electrical and electronic equipment. Extron has been RoHS compliant since July 2006. A declaration of conformity stating our RoHS compliance in addition to our other compliance requirements may be found on the web page under the downloads tab for each product we ship.
- REACH – Registration, Evaluation, and Authorization of Chemicals addresses the production and use of chemical substances, and their potential impacts on both human health and the environment.
- WEEE – Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment Directive is a European directive that imposes responsibilities for the disposal of electronic waste and recovery and recycling of electronic equipment on the manufacturer.
- US Recycling Program – Extron customers and end-users in the United States can send their Extron products directly to Extron for responsible processing and recycling.
- We will employ management systems and procedures throughout our operations to specifically minimize the use of hazardous materials by working closely with our suppliers, reduce the amount of energy required for our products through innovative designs, generate less waste by monitoring material usage, and promote recycling of materials in our packaging and processes.
- We will continue designing and manufacturing products and tools that promote energy savings. For example, our highly efficient desktop power supplies and ENERGY STAR® qualified audio power amplifiers reduce operating costs and help meet green building requirements. Extron’s GlobalViewer® software works in conjunction with our IP Link® Ethernet control technology to cut energy costs through remote management and control of a wide variety of AV assets.
We will continually review opportunities to improve our environmental performance by establishing goals and objectives, and by measuring our progress. Examples of improvements include eliminating paper manuals and other material from our product packaging, and providing our customers an abundance of product information online that would otherwise be printed.
We will communicate this policy of responsible environmental management to all our employees by providing the necessary training in all applicable procedures and practices, by informing suppliers of our environmental policy and encouraging them to adopt effective environmental management practices, and by soliciting input from employees, suppliers, and customers on meeting our environmental objectives.
Download the PDF (0.06 MB)