DXP HD 4K Series
HDMI Matrix Switchers with Audio De-Embedding and 4K Support
The DXP HD 4K Series of high performance matrix switchers are designed to route digital signals at resolutions up to 4K. They are HDCP compliant, and support HDMI data rates to 10.2 Gbps, Deep Color up to 12-bit, 3D, and HD lossless audio formats. To maintain signal integrity, the matrix switchers feature proven Extron technologies, such as EDID Minder®, Key Minder®, and SpeedSwitch®, as well as automatic input cable equalization and output reclocking to reshape and restore timing of the signal at each HDMI output.
The built-in audio de-embedders in the DXP HD 4K Series can simplify AV system designs by eliminating the need for external de-embedders. The built-in audio de-embedders allow audio to route to discrete audio outputs on the rear of the switcher. For AV systems requiring digital audio distribution, the de-embedded audio is output on S/PDIF outputs, in its native two-channel or multi-channel Dolby® Digital or DTS® format. For analog audio systems the de-embedded signal is made available, as two-channel stereo audio, on captive screw connectors from the switcher. This capability simplifies integration and reduces costs by enabling the room audio system without requiring additional equipment.
Available in I/O sizes from 4x4 to 16x16, the DXP HD 4K Series matrix switchers are designed to solve for a variety of AV system design challenges. They are ideal for use in professional AV environments where routing of 4K digital video and digital or analog audio signals is needed, and a fully digital pathway is essential to maintain the highest possible image quality between multiple sources and displays.
- Available in 4x4, 8x4, 8x8, 16x8, and 16x16 fixed I/O sizes
- Supports computer and video resolutions up to 4K, including 1080p/60 Deep Color
- HDMI audio de-embedding with digital S/PDIF and analog stereo audio outputs
- EDID Minder®, Key Minder®, and SpeedSwitch® ensure reliable display of digital video
- Automatic cable equalization and output reclocking to enable transmission over low quality or long HDMI cables
- View I/O mode allows users to easily view which inputs and outputs are actively connected for ease in troubleshooting
- Tri-color, backlit buttons for ease of use in low-light environments - 16x8 and 16x16 I/O
- Automatic or manual color bit depth management to prevent color compatibility conflicts between source and display
- Global presets provide up to 32 frequently used I/O configurations to be saved and recalled from the front panel, Ethernet, or serial control
- RS-232 control and Ethernet monitoring and control over a LAN, WAN, or the Internet using standard TCP/IP protocols
- Easy setup and commissioning with Extron’s PCS – Product Configuration Software
- Rack-mountable full rack width metal enclosures for durability:
- 1U - 4x4, 8x4, and 8x8 I/O
- 2U - 16x8 and 16x16 I/O