Extron and Cisco are able to offer the most flexible and feature rich solutions that integrate AV and control with Cisco Webex Room Series and Kits. Extron’s broad offerings of switching, distribution, streaming and control products allows for simple cable extension to the most complex of control integrations and everything in-between. The simplest of control integrations includes adding buttons to Cisco’s Touch 10 and Room Navigator touchpanels for AV and Room control functionality. More advanced control integration includes the ability to replicate the Cisco user interface, utilizing Cisco’s API to allow for customization of the user experience as well as adding or removing buttons to simplify the user interface based on what the space and end user requires.
- Scale, Automate and Simplify Cisco Webex Room Series and Kits – Enable rooms of all sizes with capabilities to switch, distribute, extend, stream, enhance audio, and control AV signals.
- Extend the capabilities of Cisco Webex Room Series and Kits to include automated control for lighting, shades, HVAC, and more
- Integrate Cisco hardware into more complex spaces where the power of Extron control and automation is required
- Maintains a consistent user experience across the enterprise while accommodating the needs of a wider variety of meeting rooms types and technologies
- BYOD Options – Provides flexibility to use conferencing platform of choice while using all room resources
- System templates are provided to configure and deploy the solution faster and easier
Cisco In-Room Controls
Enhanced In-Room Control for a consistent user experience
Customization of the Cisco Touch 10 and Room Navigator can be done using Cisco’s User Interface Extensions and Macros. This allows for buttons to be added to the Cisco user interface to perform AV and Room control functions. The Cisco User Interface is customized such that widgets are configured to interface directly to an Extron Pro Series Control processor, which acts as a gateway to the AV and Room control devices. From there you can configure your system using convenience of configuration or the power of programming.
- Simple control integration to add buttons to Cisco Touch10 and Room Navigator touchpanel
- Access to Extron’s extensive ethernet, RS-232, IR and CEC control library
GC Plus Templates and Release Notes
This meeting room utilizes the Cisco Mediabar and Cisco Webex Room Navigator together with an Extron IPCP Pro 250 xi Control Processor while leveraging the Cisco user interface elements known as widgets. These widgets allow for customization of the Cisco Webex Room Navigator interface that includes adding control user interface elements to control the display, lighting, and shades. Using a Pro Series Control Processor provides access to Extron’s extensive Driver Library and additional control options such as bi-directional RS-232, advanced Ethernet, and more.
Extron equipment list
|OCS 100C||Occupancy Sensor - Ceiling Mount||1|
|IPCP Pro 250 xi||IPCP Pro xi Control Processor*||1|
|Cable Cubby 202||Cable Access Enclosure for Connectivity & Power||1|
|TLS 725M||TouchLink Scheduling Panel||1|
*LinkLicense for User Interfaces is not required
- Cable Cubby 202 provides easy access to cables and AC power with an elegant, finished appearance
- Supports convenient connection of HDMI-equipped devices
- Connect with team members using Cisco Webex
- Extron OCS 100C occupancy sensor allows the Extron IPCP Pro 250 xi to automatically start the system and provide control and automation of the display, lighting, and shades via RS-232 or IP
- Room Scheduling is available using the Extron TLS 725M
- Cisco Room Navigator provides an intuitive single interface for AV and room controls
- Easy integration with Extron GlobalViewer Enterprise for complete AV resource management