Extron Introduces the Solution for Remote Access to Interface Controls
The RGB 580xi
Anaheim, California (April 23, 2001)
- Extron Electronics is pleased to introduce the RGB 580xi, a universal computer-video interface designed to give users remote access to interface connections and controls. There are two components to the RGB 580xi—a double-space Architectural Adapter Plate (AAP) and a mountable interface enclosure. Users connect computer video and audio through the small, inconspicuous AAP. The AAP inputs are then connected to the interface enclosure—which is located out of sight—through cable assemblies. This design reduces the space needed for a computer-video/audio interface to the size of a double-space AAP, which is a bit smaller than a standard US business card. The RGB 580xi lets system designers select which user controls are needed for specific installations. Four configurations of user controls are available to populate the RGB 580xi Architectural Adapter Plate:
- female 15-pin HD connector, 3.5 mm stereo audio jack, and a two-color LED to indicate power and signal present;
- female 15-pin HD connector, 3.5 mm stereo audio jack, two-color LED (power and signal present), and input select button;
- female 15-pin HD connector, 3.5 mm stereo audio jack, two-color LED (power and signal present), and horizontal shift control;
- female 15-pin HD connector, 3.5 mm stereo audio jack, two-color LED (power and signal present), input select button, and horizontal shift control.
The controls and connections of the AAPs are extended to the interface enclosure using cable assemblies. These cable assemblies are available for each AAP version in lengths of 3 ft. (0.91 m), 6 ft. (1.83 m), and 12 ft. (3.66 m). Each AAP version is available in three colors—grey, black, or white. The RGB 580xi has a video bandwidth of 300 MHz (-3dB) and a horizontal frequency range of 15 kHz to 130 kHz. It outputs RGBHV, RGBS, and RGsB on five female BNCs and is compatible with VGA, SVGA, XGA, SXGA, UXGA, Mac, Sun, and SGI signals. The RGB 580xi features Extron's exclusive Advanced Digital Sync Processing (ADSP™) technology, ensuring compatibility with digital displays. For pricing and other information, please call an Extron Customer Support Representative at: 800.633.9876 (Extron USA); +800.3987.6673 (Extron Europe); +65.383.4400 (Extron Asia).