Free User Interface Design Software for TouchLink Touchpanels
Key Feature Additions in the Current Release
||Support for the TouchLink for iPad App
||Offline modal page available for disconnect notification
||New TouchLink Templates and Themes
||Improved verification and build process
|Release Date: May 1, 2013
||Size: 160.2 MB
|| Release Notes (0.1 MB)
Extron GUI Configurator is an intuitive design tool that makes creating and maintaining Extron TouchLink® touchpanel user interfaces easy, even for those without graphic design skills. Begin with ready-to-use design templates, or start from scratch and build your own layout using our comprehensive software. The touchscreen design templates are fully customizable and matched carefully to popular AV system applications. In many cases, all the input sources, display control, and environmental settings are already in place. Each template is fully developed and includes complete, detailed documentation of its application and capabilities.
GUI Configurator software includes ready-to-use templates for single display rooms, dual display rooms, divisible rooms, multi-image systems, and videoconference suites
Since system designs vary, our templates can be customized to suit the specific needs of any application. GUI Configurator’s intuitive design environment enables a wide variety of design choices for buttons, colors, logos, font styles, and more.
Start From Scratch and Design Your Own Layout
A wide array of design options enables users to develop their own touchscreen layouts to meet almost any system requirement.
GUI Configurator software’s resource library of shapes, graphics, and sounds provide a wide variety of choices for design of pages and pop ups to provide transport controls, multi-state buttons, 3D effects, video windows, dynamic text, and more. In addition, users can import their own images and audio files into GUI Configurator and use the resource management tool to provide further customization capabilities. The Designer Window displays the layout design in progress, so the changes can be seen while the customization occurs.
Upload Finished Designs to TouchLink Touchpanel
Once the touchscreen layout design is completed, the process for uploading the design files to a TouchLink Touchpanel is simple. GUI Configurator connects to one or more TouchLink Touchpanels over the network for uploading the layout project data. In addition, project data can be saved to disk for future use.
Familiar System Configuration Process Using Global Configurator Software
Anyone familiar with configuring MediaLink® or IP Link® Systems using Extron Global Configurator software will be comfortable installing and configuring a TouchLink Touchpanel. With no code to write and no need for graphic design skills, anyone can develop and deploy sophisticated, feature-rich, TouchLink-based AV control systems in any environment.
- Intel® Pentium® 4 or AMD Athlon™ processor
- Microsoft® Windows® XP SP3, Windows Vista®, or Windows® 7
- Microsoft .NET® Framework 2.0 and 4.0 or greater
- 1 GB of RAM (2 GB of RAM recommended for multiple or large projects)
- 100 MB of available hard disk space
- A network connection with a data transfer rate of 10 Mbps, 100 Mbps recommended
- 1024x768 screen resolution
Note: Extron Global Configurator (GC) 3.0.0 or higher is required in addition to GUI Configurator to configure a TouchLink touchpanel with an IP Link control processor. However, GC 3.5.0 or later must be used if TouchLink for iPad support is required.
- No graphic design skills required The familiar Windows-like interface enables just about anyone to create full-color, professional-quality touchscreen layouts
- Includes ready-to-use templates for popular AV system applications For out-of-the-box control of single display rooms, dual display rooms, divisible rooms, multi-image systems, and videoconference suites
- Complete resource library of customizable elements Including multi-state buttons, 3D effects, video windows, dynamic text, shapes, graphics, sounds and more
- Easily modify templates, or start from scratch for a fully customized layout Modify colors, lines, and shading of master pages, using any third-party image editor
- Supports TouchLink for iPad With GUI Configurator 1.4 or higher and the TouchLink for iPad app, TouchLink touchpanels can now be emulated on an iPad.
- New TouchLink Themes All themes have been redesigned for easy setup of TouchLink for iPad
- Properties window provides at-a-glance view of object properties Simply click on an object to see details of its appearance, behavior, design, and layout
- Designer window displays layout for current page and pop-up page Provides point-and-click access to all objects in the layout
- Object appearance properties of every GUI element are easily changeable Including shape, color, label, and operation
- Master pages create a consistent look to entire project Define the colors, layout, and other key features of the master page once, and each new page automatically reflects the master
- Creation of Modal Pages A new type of page that hovers over a control interface and requires user interaction before it will close
- Offline Modal Pages Customizable and optional display page indicating that the touchpanel has lost connection with the control processor.
- Video window for preview and monitoring Can be sized for full screen or to fit within a page alongside controls
- Button feedback is easy to define and customize Easily modify and customize the ON and OFF states of a button to provide valuable feedback to the user
- Projects are saved as configuration files; no source code required The latest configuration files are always stored within the control processor and easily retrieved and modified by any experienced user of the software
- Completed designs are easy to upload to a TouchLink Touchpanel or save to disk Designs can be used over and over, facilitating a true cookie cutter model for rolling out multi-room installations quickly, especially in large organizations
- Completed projects can be exported for use with Global Configurator software The same familiar configuration tool used for MediaLink systems
- Template-based workflow Template wizard allows users to visually select the theme and style for their project
- Improved Verification Process Detect and Identify the precise location of configuration errors within a user interface design
- Zoom in and out for design and verification purposes
- Auto alignment of objects