Global Configurator Professional
Advanced Configuration Software for AV Control Systems
Note: Available soon to qualified individuals. Contact Extron for further details.
Global Configurator Professional is Extron’s next generation configuration software for larger, more sophisticated TouchLink®-based configurable control systems. It offers an integrated environment for defining advanced AV control system functionality from an easy-to-use graphical user interface. Powerful features, such as controller groups and conditional logic, provide greater flexibility for more elaborate control system designs. GC Pro is ideal for any TouchLink-based control system requiring enhanced functionality and advanced configuration.
Global Configurator Professional includes a new feature set that provides enhanced flexibility when configuring advanced systems. Some examples of this powerful new feature set include: controller groups, which allows users to group up to four control processors together; conditional logic with local variables, which gives the user the ability to set up more advanced monitoring of control conditions; and an enhanced user interface, which permits functions such as cut, paste, and copy to be applied to button actions.
Enhanced Functionality With Use of "if" Statements
Conditional logic allows advanced functionality by making “if” and “else” statements available. With the help of conditional logic, one can easily set up operations that are dependent upon occurrence and non-occurrence of certain events. Conditional logic with local variables also allows examination of conditions within the configured button actions before performing a task. This ultimately helps in streamlining project creation by minimizing the need for monitors and schedules.
Combining Multiple Controllers for Larger Control Systems
With GC Pro, the controller groups feature allows up to four control processors to be grouped together to work as one big controller. This feature is required to serve the needs of advanced systems that require more control ports than any single control processor possesses. Grouping the control processors will also reduce the need for long RS-232 cable runs as the group can span several rooms instead of being limited to a single room. Existing control systems benefit with this added feature as this provides an opportunity for easy expansion.
Easy Duplication of Control System Configurations
The controller templates feature helps create a baseline configuration that can be reused to create identical control systems. In essence, this feature creates an abstract representation of a controller. When a controller is linked to a template, it becomes an exact replica of that abstract. Any changes made to a template are automatically duplicated to all the controllers linked to it.
Create an Additional Point of Control for TouchLink
Global Configurator Professional enables Virtual TouchLink, which creates an additional point of control for rooms with installed TouchLink touchpanels. This can be established in one of two ways: TouchLink for Web is accessed from any Web browser that supports Microsoft Silverlight, such as Internet Explorer, Firefox, Safari, and Chrome. TouchLink for iPad is an AV control system app designed for the Apple iPad. Both the Web and iPad versions support button tracking, which tracks each button press to the touchpanel, allowing both virtual and installed touchpanels to stay in sync. For TouchLink for iPad, presenters can wirelessly control the AV system using a Wi-Fi network, allowing them the freedom to move throughout a room.
Adding New Equipment is Fast and Easy
Configuration changes may be required when a controlled device is replaced or additional functionality is desired. With GC Pro, modifying a configuration is fast and easy. The program creates and stores unique configuration files, which can be recalled whenever changes are required. Modifying a configuration is as simple as opening the configuration file, making the necessary changes, and then uploading the new file to the control processor. With addition of features like cut, copy, paste and macro, it has become easier than ever to replicating “cookie cutter” systems with only a few mouse clicks.
Extensive Library of Extron Certified, Ready-to-Use Device Drivers
Extron has developed an extensive library of IR, serial, and Ethernet device drivers to ensure compatibility with Extron configurable control systems and third-party devices. The complete Extron driver package, as well as individual driver files, can be downloaded from the Extron Web site. User defined drivers can also be very easily created with the advent of the Driver Configurator™ software application. With the driver subscription feature, it’s easier than ever to ensure you always have the latest driver.
Minimum System Requirements
- Microsoft® Windows® XP SP3, Windows Vista®, or Windows 7
- Microsoft .NET Framework 4.0 Full
- 1 GB of RAM (2 GB of RAM recommended for multiple or large projects)
- 100 MB of available hard disk space
- A network connection with a data transfer rate of 10 Mbps, 100 Mbps recommended
- 1024 x 768 screen resolution
NOTE: Free GlobalViewer can be used with any Microsoft Silverlight supported Web browser.
- Supports larger, more sophisticated TouchLink-based control systems
- Conditional logic with use of local variables Allows button operations to be contingent on a variety of separate conditions.
- Controller groups Enables multiple control processors to function together as one for more complex systems.
- Virtual TouchLink support TouchLink for iPad and TouchLink for Web provide additional points of control for rooms equipped with TouchLink touchpanels.
- Controller macros Allow several commands to be connected for fast and easy implementation of control system configurations.
- Controller templates Import and export an entire configuration project for creation of a new configuration project or to merge into an existing file.
- Enhanced user interface Helps streamline configuration
- Enhanced button grouping Ability to create up to 20 different button groups.
- Extensive library of thousands of certified, ready-to-use Ethernet, serial, and IR drivers
- Driver Configurator support Allows creation of user defined serial and Ethernet drivers for devices that do not already have drivers available.
- Device driver subscription service Ensures that the latest driver available is included when the configuration file is uploaded.
- String support within drivers Serial and Ethernet drivers will now have the ability to accept ASCII commands.
- Serial driver replacement maintains configuration settings when a serial driver is replaced Updating a serial driver does not require re-entering device configuration settings.
- Checks for missing drivers When opening a project file, Global Configurator checks for any missing serial or IR drivers and provides the user with instructions for downloading them from the Extron web site.
- GlobalViewer system designer Drag-and-drop tool for organizing equipment in the Global View on up to eight levels according to your specific needs.
- GlobalViewer Help button Provides a customizable URL link that appears on every GlobalViewer Web page for quick access to an e-mail form, contact info, or online user guide.
- Project file import and export Import and export an entire configuration project file, for creation of a new configuration project or to merge into an existing file.
- Scheduling and monitoring wizards Step users through all of the scheduling and monitoring options available.
- Multiple action scheduling Schedule multiple simultaneous actions at a specific day and time on a single IP Link control processor.
- Event reporting E-mail messages can be used to track device status and usage data for creating reports and making purchase decisions.
- Intelligent upload manager Optimizes the upload process by compiling and uploading only the necessary changes. The entire process, including error checking, compiling all files, and uploading GlobalViewer Web pages, graphics, and driver files to the IP Link control processor in your system, takes only seconds.
- Aggregate event triggers Allows multiple events on a single IP Link control processor to trigger one or more actions within the same device.
- Enhanced labeling options Provides extensive flexibility in renaming button labels in GlobalViewer Web pages.
- Three different methods for sorting and displaying control processors in a system Sorted and displayed by location, controller, or template
- Project AutoSave When the Enable Project AutoSave option in the Application Settings dialog is enabled, Global Configurator automatically saves the current project at a regular interval. The timer is configurable from 1 to 120 minutes. When a project has been changed, Global Configurator saves the project file, if the user has not done so, based on the timer's settings. Additionally, Global Configurator will make a backup copy of the current project when the user performs a manual file save.