Extron Electronics cares about your right to privacy. This policy explains how we intend to handle any personal identification information you give us online. It does not apply to personal identification information that we collect offline. Personal identification information enables us to identify you, your e-mail address, name, business, etc.
How We Collect and Use Personal Identification Information
The Extron Web site is available for use by anyone, regardless of their willingness to disclose personal identification information. Sharing your personal identification information makes it easier for you to:
- Request information or materials concerning our products and services.
- Receive personalized newsletters and other messages on our products and services that we feel may be relevant to your interests. Your personal identity information generally facilitates future communication with you. For example, your Extron Web site registration information and customer profile will be used to generate personalized Web content and send you Extron E-News, a monthly e-mail newsletter (if you select that option), and to occasionally send you informative e-mails about Extron products and services.
- Purchase Extron products online (Extron dealers only).
- Download software that supports Extron products.
- View specialized content such as pricing, product availability, and special events (available to Extron dealers only).
- Participate in surveys or submit a contest entry.
When you register with Extron, purchase products, or participate in a contest, we may ask you to offer personal identification information so we may serve your needs.
We also collect certain anonymous information that cannot be associated with you personally, such as the domains from which you visit us, the number of visitors to our Web site, browsing patterns, and areas of interest. We analyze this data to assess trends, statistics, and customers' needs, and to help us improve our Web site, products, and services to our customers. See Cookies.
Opting In, Opting Out
You may opt in or out of receiving information at any time. When you register with Extron, you have the option of selecting or deselecting the information you wish to receive (or not receive) from us. You may also change your mind and subscribe or unsubscribe at any time. For example, e-mail messages will contain instructions on how to unsubscribe so that you will not receive the e-mail in question in the future:
- If you'd like to be removed from this E-News, please send an e-mail message to email@example.com. Type the words UNSUBSCRIBE E-NEWS followed by your e-mail address in the subject line.
- To unsubscribe from AV Wire, please send an e-mail message to firstname.lastname@example.org with the words UNSUBSCRIBE AV WIRE followed by your e-mail address in the subject line.
- If you are not involved in the sales or support of Extron products, or you prefer to receive NewsFlash via fax, please contact your Extron Customer Service Representative.
If you have a dealer login, you can go to Preferences to change your subscriptions.
Accuracy and Access
We want your personal identification information to remain accurate. If you are registered with Extron, you may contact your Extron Customer Service Representative to confirm or change your information. See Contact Us.
Safeguarding Your Personal Identification Information
We protect the personal identification information you share with us. Extron uses a variety of commercially available security technologies to protect your personal identification information, including secure servers and firewalls.
Disclosure to Third Parties
Extron does not share your personal identification information with third party organizations.
USA 800.633.9876 (inside US/Canada only) or 714.491.1500
Europe +800.3987.6673 (inside Europe only) or +31.33.453.4040
Asia +800.S3.EXTRON (+800.7339.8766) or +65.6383.4400
Policy last revised on October 31, 2008.